.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

God speaks, Listen.

I know, I know...2 posts only 3 days apart?! Yes. Because God has been overwhelming me with something. I want to share.

I've been a part of a bible study group for over 2 years now. We have seen God move and we have also seen our share of tragedies. I love being a part of these girls, because they have come to my rescue in prayer more times than I can count. And I count it a privilege to be able to pray for them.

We are currently studying Beth Moore's study over Esther.
Here are 2 things that I can't get off my mind:

  • God attends not only to apparently momentous events and people but also to those that seem both mundane and trivial... Indeed, so all encompassing is God's attention to events within creation that nothing... happens..by..chance. -Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary

  • Ephesians 1:11
Even when we're blind to the evidence,
God "works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will."


God speaks throughout the daily routine of life. It doesn't have to wait until Sunday at church or Friday at bible study. Listen for his voice and follow the leading of his Spirit.

"Whenever God gives you a check in your gut, stop IMMEDIATELY! Don't just slow down, STOP & LISTEN! It's saved me many times."
-Rick Warren, author of Purpose Driven Life

And on top of all that, the daily, mundane things...the story of your life, is being written into God's greater purpose... chew on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment