.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolve

New Years Resolutions:
In black & white

1. Become a better listener
Self explanatory. Stop thinking about what I need to say next. Listen, do not multi task.

2. Read a book a month
Chad got me a Kindle for Christmas!!! I'm so excited about it. I want to read a new book every month. All kinds of books. Fiction & nonfiction. Suggestions are welcome.


3. Read through the entire Bible this year



This year I wanted to make resolutions that would do more than just affect my waistline.

In 2009 I read the Bible through in chronological order. I have never learned more in my life and gained a much clearer picture of the story of Jesus, by reading the loads of history that came before him. I won't lie-reading through Leviticus wasn't my favorite. But there is something to gain from every single page. I have heard my friends say several times that they"can't get into" the Old Testament. Or that they don't read because the Bible just doesn't make sense to them. Try reading it through in chronological order. There are several ways to do that. The one I read in 2009 was called The Daily Bible. Looks like this, if you're interested:

YouVersion.com also has several reading plans to help you read through the Bible in a year. They have the Bible app for smart phones so you can read anywhere. But even if you don't have a smart phone, they have a great website.

I'm pretty passionate about this and really hope others decide to read it through this year as well. Let me know if you decide to do it so I can pray for you and check in on your status!

"I've never seen someone read the Bible and not grow,
& I've never seen someone not read the Bible and grow."



Happy New Year!
May 2011 hold many blessings for you
and may you not let them pass you by!

Forget the former things.
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Isaiah 43:18-19



No comments:

Post a Comment